It’s been awhile since I wrote here. To be honest I just didn’t feel like writing, but I am forcing myself to get back into it. We are in crazy times right now. I am full of mixed emotions, up and down, and I know all of you are feeling the same way. Writing is a great way to express yourself, and I want use this post to bring back a sense of normalcy.
Senreve took the world by storm. It felt like they were dropped into my feed one day, and then all the sudden everyone was talking about them. Kudos to their world-class marketing team. In 2016, Wendy Wen and Coral Chung started Senreve. Their goal? To make “a stylish laptop bag for working women”, according an article from the Observer. Fast-forward to 2020 and they have curated a well-designed and well-made collection of bags, card holders, and accessories for the working woman. If you want to learn more about Senreve I highly recommend checking out this interview Wendy Wen did with the Observer.
I was gifted my first Senreve bag back in the beginning of 2019 when I first moved out to California and became an ambassador for Senreve. [Please note that my opinions are not influenced at all by the fact that I am an ambassador for the company] The bag I received was the famous Mini Maestra in the color Pebbled Ice. I had been lusting after this bag for a long time and when it came in I was beyond excited. Before I get into pros and cons, I want to address that both the Mini Maestra and Aria Belt Bag are very versatile bags. Both can be worn in multiple ways — you can wear them in a way appropriate for professional situations, or you can dress them down to wear in a more casual manner.
– Can be worn in multiple ways, making it very versatile. The Mini Maestra can be worn over-the-shoulder, cross-body, and as a backpack.
– Very well-made, and something that can be worn in professional scenarios or paired with a more casual look.
– Very spacious; the central compartment will fit an Ipad or tablet. Here is a link to a great comparison of the different Maestra sizes.
– Fits more than you think it would!
– Luxurious suede lining
– If you are looking for a backpack specifically, I would just get a backpack. Although this functions great as a versatile bag that can be worn as a backpack, in my experience it doesn’t sit flat against my back. This is fine for what it is, but if you are looking for a designated backpack I would get something that fits flat against your back.
– I find the straps are hard to adjust. To adjust the straps you have a metal peg that fits into the hole on the strap. Especially when this item is brand new, it is hard to get the peg in and out of the hole easily. [I haven’t adjusted the strap too much on mine, so you may find that adjusting the strap gets easier as it is worked in a little more.]
Aria Belt Bag
– Another extremely versatile bag! It can be worn over-the-shoulder, cross-body, as a sling, or as a belt-bag.
– Also very well made, with a luxurious suede lining.
– Spacious bag for the size! I can fit my Iphone XR, wallet, and a little make-up pouch in here no problem.
– It has a small pocket on the front of the bag underneath the flap, a card slot inside, as well as zipper pocket on the inside of the bag.
– There are holes all up and down the strap, so it can be adjusted for any length, which means it would be great for all body types.
– Senreve also offers a chain that you can purchase to pair with this bag and dress it up a bit more. Here is a link to the chain!
– I find it hard to open this bag with one hand.
I also want to note that I just recently purchased my Aria Belt Bag. I will be sure to update this post if have any additional comments to add!
So in the end the biggest question is, are they worth the money? The Mini Maestra starts around $695 and the Aria Belt Bag starts around $395. In my opinion, yes, they are worth the price. First, as I said above, they are extremely versatile, which means you are getting more for your money than a traditional handbag. Additionally, you are investing in a bag that is going to last. They are extremely well made and are designed to be for the working woman. Another important thing to note is that both of these bags are great for travelling. I have traveled with the Mini Maestra, it fit everything I needed for the plane, and was great to take out for all-day excursions. I haven’t had a chance to take the Aria out for a spin — but this will easily pack inside your larger bag and would be great for exploring the city or having a night out on the town.
If you decide that you want to invest in one of their pieces, you can use my code MODERNEUTRALS. Currently my code will get you 15% off your purchase of $300 or more, and in addition, Senreve will donate 15% of the proceeds to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. Once this promotion ends, my code will give you $50 off your order of $300 or more. You can see more information on their current promotions in my Senreve highlight, on my IG (@moderneutrals). UPDATE: This promotion is now over, but you can still used my code MODERNNEUTRALS to get $30 off your order of $300 or more!